About Navyug Arts College
The institution was established in the year 1966 on the other bank of river Tapti in the area today known as Rander Road. Those were the days when the population of Surat city was increasing by leaps and bounds, but there was only one Arts College in the city to provide opportunities of higher education in Arts stream.
Navyug Arts College came into subsistence with an objective mainly to fulfill the need of higher education institution of a fast developing city with the following vision and mission:
- To provide opportunities of higher education in Arts stream to a large section of society.
- To make no discrimination on the basis of caste, dogma, belief, group or gender and to render easy access to all who aspire for higher studies.
- To promote an over all development of the students to enable them to face the challenges of the world.
- To encourage the research work amongst the students as well as the faculties.
- To not only equip its learners with academic excellence but to inculcate in them human values like love, sympathy, probity, patriotism, love for the nation and fellow human beings, etc and to make them better citizens.
- To develop their creative dexterity by conveying them the knowledge of various subjects of Arts stream.
- To equip them with academic brilliance and required talent to make them competitive for present day job-market.
- To bring environmental awareness in them.
It has been our humble endeavour to reach our goals and objectives through the teaching of the fixed syllabus.
- We impart the knowledge of various languages like Gujarati, English, Hindi which provides different language skills like grammar, poetry, prose, composition, comprehensions, appreciation, essay writing etc.
- Students are exposed to vivid local, national and internal trends in the field of economics through their study of economics as their core subject.
- We teach environmental studies as an inter-disciplinary subject to make our learner aware of problems of environmental issues.
- Teaching of English at UG levels help the student to develop communicative skills and acquire proficiency in the language.